Blockchain and Virtual Assets
At AURUM Law Firm, we began focusing on blockchain and virtual assets early. As of today, our portfolio includes numerous prominent DLT projects ranging from London to Hong Kong. This has allowed us to gain a profound understanding of the industry, build strong expertise and gain valuable connections in this sector.
Legal services for the distributed ledger technology (DLT) business
Tokenisation and distributed ledger technology (DLT) are one of AURUM’s main areas of expertise. From what began as merely working with businesses whose interests involve blockchain, we are now passionate about this unique technology and the scope of its application.
While supporting our clients’ activities, we constantly deal with different applications of blockchain in finance, real estate, other business areas and industries. Whether you are a DLT service provider, decentralised autonomous organisation (DAO), DeFi organisation, payment provider or trading platform, AURUM has experience and knowledge of the industry necessary to help your project add value and achieve success.
International legal support for blockchain companies and DLT projects
Our practise shows that the absence of DLT business regulation in the vast majority of markets forces blockchain projects to adjust their corporate structures and relocate their legal presence (and sometimes even the business itself) to jurisdictions that provide clear frameworks for their operations. As such, we have assembled a team of professionals with extensive international experience to address the most complex and essential issues with the cross-border structuring of the DLT and blockchain businesses and their operations.
Currently, AURUM provides the following services to DLT projects and blockchain-related business:
- Business structuring and company formation services.
- Tax planning and advice.
- Incorporation of entities and corporate vehicles in any jurisdiction in the world, including the U.S., UK, Switzerland, Singapore, Hong Kong, countries of the EU and Asia;
- Opening of bank accounts and accounts with payment services.
- Legal support for tokenisation and structuring of the underlying asset.
- Legal support for digital asset exchanges, OTCs, custodians, payment providers and other market players.
- Advice on applicable cybersecurity standards.
- Advice on the licensing requirements in target markets, including the US, EU, and Asian markets.
- Advice on various risk assessment requirements.
- AML/CTF compliance.
- Data protection and GDPR compliance.
- Advice on the protection of intellectual property.
- Drafting agreements, user documentation, form contracts, and other documents.
- Legal support for token generation events, including ICOs, STOs and IEOs.