Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies, Web 3.0
At AURUM Law Firm, we began focusing on blockchain, cryptocurrencies and the virtual assets industry early. As of today, we act as legal counsel to numerous DLT (blockchain) projects ranging from London to Hong Kong that include top Decentralised Finance (DeFi) protocols, developers of layer 1 blockchain networks and decentralised applications (dApps), cryptocurrency exchanges, token issuers, blockchain service providers, and other market participants.
Our experts have participated in the development of virtual assets legislation and DLT legal frameworks in multiple jurisdictions around the globe. Partners of the firm serve as independent directors on the boards of directors of blockchain and DeFi companies, providing strategic advice on matters pertaining to the business development and launch of new products. This has allowed us to gain a profound understanding of the industry, build strong expertise and gain valuable connections in the sector.
Blockchain Business Advisors and Crypto Attorneys
Cryptocurrencies (legally speaking, virtual assets), distributed ledger technology (blockchain) and Web 3.0 are among the industries that our law firm works with the most. From what began as merely serving businesses whose interests involve blockchain, our crypto lawyers are now passionate about this unique technology and the scope of its application, constantly contributing to the advancement of the industry and legal solutions available to the market participants.
While supporting our clients’ activities, our lawyers constantly deal with different applications of blockchain in finance, real estate, art and other business areas and industries. Whether you are a developer of a blockchain network, DeFi protocol or dApp, a blockchain service provider, trading platform, payment provider or a decentralised autonomous organisation (DAO), AURUM law firm has the experience and knowledge of the industry necessary to help your project add value and achieve its goals in the most efficient way.
We are eager to whiteness and participate in the historic rise of Web 3.0.
International Legal Support for Blockchain Companies, Cryptocurrency and Web 3.0 Businesses
Our practice shows that almost for any type of crypto or Web 3.0 business it is crucial to understand the regulatory landscape in which it operates or intends to release its products. A modern Web 3.0 business has to be able to adjust its corporate structure and relocate its legal presence (and sometimes even the business itself) to jurisdictions that provide clear frameworks for its operations, opting for those that do not subject the projects to such a significant regulatory burden.
Given these realities, AURUM Law Firm has assembled a team of professionals and crypto attorneys with extensive international experience to address the most complex and essential issues with the cross-border structuring of the blockchain and cryptocurrency businesses and their operations, helping our clients to easily manoeuvre amongst regulatory frameworks, leverage exemptions and grey zones available, and keep their interests properly protected.
Our lawyers and advisors clearly understand the risks and challenges that our clients face. Our approach focuses on mitigating the regulatory and compliance risks arising throughout the project operation, and protecting the project and its founders from legal liability, taking advantage of the most efficient and robust legal structures and instruments known in the industry.
Legal Services for Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Companies
Currently, the crypto attorneys at AURUM Law Firm provide the following services to blockchain companies, crypto businesses and Web 3.0 projects:
- Development of a sophisticated and tax-effective corporate structure for the project.
- Tax planning and advice.
- Incorporation of entities and corporate vehicles in any jurisdiction in the world, including in the US, UK, Switzerland, Singapore, Hong Kong, UAE, countries of the EU and Asia.
- Opening of bank accounts and accounts with payment service providers.
- Development of the legal and regulatory strategy for the project, products and services to be released or operated by the client, addressing legal, regulatory and security issues involved, structuring the relationship with the end-users, etc.
- Structuring the token issuance, working on the tokenomics, advising on the token parameters, other matters relating to the token and token offering.
- Structuring the fundraising for the project, including through the issuance of stock, securities or tokens, advice on the application of securities legislation and regulatory matters.
- Legal support for the initial token offering, including through ICO, IDO, IEO, launchpad or liquidity bootstrapping event.
- Structuring the intellectual property, ownership in the most valuable assets relating to the business, relationship between the founders.
- Advice on applicable cybersecurity standards and various risk assessment requirements.
- Advice on the licensing requirements in target markets, including the US, EU, and Asian markets.
- AML/CTF compliance.
- Data protection and GDPR compliance.
- Legal support for tokenisation and structuring of the underlying asset.
- Legal support of the day-to-day business operations, drafting and reviewing contracts, developing user documentation, form agreements, etc.