Corporate law, Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A)
Corporate law in general, and mergers and acquisitions (M&A) in particular, are among our main specialisations, and AURUM is proud to have a team of excellent experts in this field. We have extensive experience in a wide range of corporate transactions, from setting up or acquiring a business to selling and liquidating one.
Our lawyers combine their broad expertise in the corporate sector with their deep understanding of the specifics of their client’s business and the industry in general. This insight helps AURUM develop customer-tailored corporate structures and always deliver first-class solutions that add value to our clients’ business. Our key services include:
- Setting up the business, including establishing branches, R&D and development departments.
- Tax planning and tax advice.
- Corporate structuring and governance, including directors’ liabilities.
- Structuring the relationship between the shareholders, including drafting the comprehensive shareholders’ agreement as well as developing and enhancing the protective mechanisms for the shareholders.
- Incorporation of entities and establishment of corporate vehicles in any jurisdiction in the world, including the US, UK, countries of the EU, Singapore, Hong Kong, and other Asian jurisdictions.
- Labour and employment issues.
- Implementation of anti-corruption procedures and policies.
- Opening bank accounts and accounts with payment systems.
- Structuring of international money flows and transactions between the entities of the client’s group, drafting relevant contracts and documentation.
Legal support and structuring of corporate transactions, mergers and acquisitions (M&A)
- Legal due diligence of the business and its major assets, focusing on the identification of risks and threats involved in the anticipated transaction.
- Merger, acquisition and division of companies, spin-offs, stock swaps.
- Purchase, sale, alienation of corporate rights, acquisition of companies through asset purchase.
- Corporate restructuring.
- Assistance in complying with the applicable regulatory requirements.
- Advice on forming the terms of the proposed transaction, drafting the Term Sheet and Memorandum of Understanding.
- Tax advice.
- Development and review of investment contracts and debt financing agreements, including convertible and other investment instruments.
Corporate disputes resolution
- Litigation in courts and international commercial arbitration institutions, including representing our clients in court.
- Pretrial settlement of disputes.