IT and Technology
AURUM Law Firm has an experienced team of attorneys and advisors who provide legal support to IT and technological businesses. Our lawyers stay abreast of emerging technology trends and are committed to providing our clients with innovative and market-leading services.
AURUM serves as the advisor of choice for numerous start-ups, SaaS and PaaS companies, FinTech and blockchain (DLT) projects, software and app developers, game studios, engineering firms, tech and outsourcing companies on a day-to-day basis. In this capacity, our lawyers provide detailed legal advice tailored to the specific business sector. Our key services include:
Comprehensive legal services for IT and tech companies
- Framing internal procedures and processes in the business, risk management and compliance.
- Developing form agreements – i.e., contracts that the clients use on a regular basis, such as form service agreements, software development agreements and non-disclosure agreements.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts, memorandums, licenses and other commercial agreements that the clients face in the course of their business.
- Drafting user documentation for websites, applications, software and other products, including the End User License Agreement (EULA), Terms of Service and other legal agreements.
- Legal analysis of relationships with the employees, contractors and agents, as well as advice on labour issues, developing employment documentation, and contractor agreements.
- Legal advice on the privacy issues, data protection and GDPR compliance, development of Privacy Notices (policies) and related documentation.
- Ongoing legal advice and support.
Protection of intellectual property, proprietary know-how, and confidential information
- Intellectual property due diligence.
- Legal protection of the copyright in software, applications, platforms and other products.
- Registration of intellectual property rights in any jurisdiction in the world, international registration of IP in accordance with systems established by the Madrid Protocol, PCT, EPO, OHIM, etc.
- Identification of proprietary know-how, confidential information, and commercial secrets, developing legal frameworks and adopting measures that protect such data and information from unauthorised use, transfer and disclosure.
- Establishing legal and organisation procedures that limit personnel access to restricted information on a ‘need to know’ basis.
- Due diligence of the current client’s business structure, as well as initial advice on all issues related to business structure.
- Advice on international corporate structuring, tax advice.
- Development of customised business structures and incorporation of entities in any jurisdiction in the world, including the US, UK, Singapore, Hong Kong, countries of the EU and Asia.
- Opening bank accounts and accounts with payment systems.
- Structuring of international money flows and transactions between the entities of the client’s group, drafting relevant contracts and documentation.
Legal support of investment transactions
AURUM acts as an advisor to both investors and businesses that intend to attract capital. We advise clients on structuring the investment transactions, tax implications, compliance and mitigation of risks involved.
- Legal due diligence of the business and its major assets, focusing on the identification of risks and threats involved.
- Negotiation support across all investment rounds, including Seed, A, B and C.
- Advice on forming the terms of the proposed transaction, drafting the Term Sheet, and Memorandum of Understanding;
- Tax advice;
- Development of investment contracts, debt financing agreements, convertible and other investment instruments, reviewing of the same;
- Assistance in the preparation of financial plans, budgets and reports for the investors.