Tax and Tax Litigation
AURUM has considerable experience in taxation. Our lawyers frequently deal with complex tax issues requiring deep knowledge of international tax treaties and tax laws. Our attorneys advise clients on the tax consequences of their domestic and cross-border operations, corporate and investment transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and other business activities.
Tax services and capabilities
- International tax planning and taxation in certain foreign jurisdictions.
- Controlled Foreign Companies (CFC) regulation and taxation.
- Sales taxes (including income tax, VAT).
- Taxation of investment transactions.
- Profit repatriation strategies and tax-efficient investment exit strategies.
- Taxation of cross-border transactions.
- Taxation of mergers, acquisitions and restructurings.
- Taxation of transactions with real property.
- Tax withholdings on payments to foreign persons.
- Individual taxation.
Tax litigation and disputes resolution
- Legal support and representation of clients during the tax service inspection.
- Development of the legal and procedural strategy for the case, assessment of prospects and risks for resolving disputes during the administrative procedure and in court.
- Preparation of the lawsuit and formation of evidentiary materials.
- Representation of the company in the court.
- Appealing against court decisions to higher courts.
- Compensation of damages caused by illegal actions of tax authorities.